The main purpose of the Tourism and Hotel Management associate degree program is;
- to acquire mid-level management features for tourism enterprises, to the modern knowledge, skills, effective decision-making techniques in customer service, marketing and management issues in the tourism sector,
- to be able to define the opportunities and challenges brought by the global structure of the tourism sector, accommodation and
- to train “Well-Equipped Tourism Professionals” who have knowledge and experience in food and beverage businesses, travel agency management and tour operator, who can use English, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish or French.
Students who graduate from the program have the opportunity to work in accommodation businesses, food and beverage businesses, airline businesses, in various transportation companies, tourism ministry, tourism writing, rent-a-car enterprises, congress-conference centers, tourism information centers and many other hospitality industry businesses. .
In order to graduate from the Tourism and Hotel Management Program, at least 120 credits are required. This program is suitable for vertical transfer to “Business”, “Economy” and “Tourism Hotel Management” undergraduate Programs.
There is compulsory 20-day professional internship for our students to gain knowledge and experience about the sector after graduation. In addition, within the scope of sector-university cooperation, our students will be supported by experienced and successful organizations of the tourism sector within the body of Yaşar Group and gain work experience.
OUR EXTERNAL ADVISORY BOARD: (*)
- Ayça YÖRNÜK, Chief of Marketing, Türk Hava Yolları A.O. Izmir Sales Directorate,
- Aksu AKPINAR, Training and Development Manager, Swissôtel Büyük Efes, Izmir,
- Arın BÜYÜKALTINTAŞ, General Manager, Discovery and Beyond İzmir, İnterworld Turizm,
- Emre GEZGİN, SKAL International, İzmir President,
- Gökhan DOĞAN, Agency Manager, Pagos Tourism,
- Macit ŞAŞZADE, President of İzmir Tourist Guides Chamber,
- O. Tolga GENCER, TÜRSAB Board Member,
- Ömer ÖZKAN, Sales and Marketing Manager, Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Kemalpaşa İzmir.